February 05, 2014

DIY Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub !

Hi Beauts !

So I know that a good store bought sugar scrubs can be on the pricey side. When I was looking for a good scrub, I decide that the only way I can find a really good and natural scrub was to make it at home. This scrub is all natural, practically chemical free if you want to consider the Vitamin E one, and really easy to make, and is also way more inexpensive in the long run.

What you'll need:
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Vitamin E
1/2 cup of  Virgin Coconut Oil
a container of your choice


Container with coconut oil, Vitamin E oil and sugar.

The first thing you want to do is melt the coconut oil. You will want to keep an eye on it because coconut oils melting point is pretty low , around 76 degrees so you'll want to be careful. You could even let it sit over night in a room that is not too cold and it should melt.





After you melt the coconut oil, pour it in to your container and throw in the Vitamin E and sugar. Mix away ! Now once you have mixed it all together, if you aren't crazy with the consistency you can always add more sugar or more oil. My scrub came out on the thicker side, which I prefer that way it won't run out of my hand and go to waste.


Tada !


Now once the oil cools it's will go back to it's normal state, it will harden. When you use it, get the desired amount and work it into your skin. After you rinse it off you will notice you skin is kind of oily, like right after you put on lotion. That's good, now if it bothers you than use your scrub before you apply soap, but it's best to use it after and letting your skin absorb the Coconut and Vitamin E oil.

Hope you Beauts found this helpful ! Let me know if you try this out !




  


2 comments:

  1. nice DIY danielle i made one similar to this once but for the lips :) planning on making coconut oil + lime for the hair soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shayne ! Oh really ?! I have always wanted to try a sugar scrub, I'll definitely search for it on your blog. I can't wait to read your Coconut oil and lime diy, sounds like a good idea !

      Delete