April 07, 2014

Get Healthy With Me!

Hi Beauts !

About a couple of month ago, I got very fed up with the lifestyle I was living. I was eating pure trash really, heavily processed foods, sweets and a ton of white carbohydrates. I felt very lazy and lethargic, my body felt so sluggish and slow just because of what I was feeding my body. My acne was definitely acting up, I was having breakouts and it was just oil overload on my face. I finally told myself that enough is enough, so I made myself change. Before I get into this, please remember I am NOT a certified nutritionist, what I know about health is research I've done on the internet. This is what has been working for my body, everybody is different and I'm not trying to say that you HAVE to change.


  • The first thing I did was cut out heavily processed foods. No more frozen pizza or meals, potato chips, fast food, anything with hydrogenated oils, High Fructose Corn Syrup, MSG, GMOs. 
  • Soda and Sugared drinks were next. I figured if soda and sugary juices have no health benefits like water, why drink them ?
  • Once I had a little better control of my "diet", I started exercising. I started with fast pace walking for an hour and then started to progress into somewhat more intense workouts. Right now, what I love to do is Tone It Up videos on YouTube. Their workouts are amazing and really make you sweat.
  • I make myself drink a lot of water. I keep a water bottle with me at all times, even on my bedside table before going to bed. Ever since I started drinking a lot of water, I have noticed a difference in my acne and how I feel overall.
  • I love love coffee. I can have it whenever, wherever. I personally don't think that coffee is really bad for you, but some say otherwise. I used to love flavored coffee creamers, I always had to have it with my coffee. I stopped buying them because of the ingredients it has, so instead I use organic half and half, which tastes just as good and is better for me.
  • If I can't pronounce it or know what it is, I won't eat it, ingredient wise. If it's loaded with chemicals and preservatives, how good can it be for you ?
  • I had to make myself understand that there are good carbohydrates and bad ones, they aren't all bad. I try not to eat anything "white", like bread, pasta, rice and so on. I have substituted all of those with healthier whole grain/wheat versions .
  • I like to have fruit and nut bars as a snack or keep them in my purse in case if I get hungry, that way I have something in stomach to hold me over to my next meal. I really like Lara bars and Kind bars, they are delicious and all natural.
  • Breakfast ! I love breakfast food but have never been a breakfast person, eating so soon just doesn't make me feel right. I started to ease myself into breakfast little by little. I love having fruit, toast and eggs or oatmeal. It really just depends what I'm craving when I wake up.
  • Portion control... Whenever you are starving an finally get the chance to eat, you just go crazy eating, well not literally, but I think we all must have experienced that once in our lives. I had to learn proper portions, like a giant bowl of just mac n cheese or a giant steak isn't really a smart choice. When I eat meals, I like for plate to have lots of vegetables, healthy protein and some carbohydrates depending what I'm eating. So my plate will be half veggies, a quarter protein and the other quarter carbohydrates/starch.
What I mainly strive for is a healthy and clean lifestyle, but that doesn't mean I don't cheat, because I do. It's ok to have a cookie or a piece of cake, those things don't make you unhealthy. The unhealthiest thing you could do to your body is deprive it of everything you love but also going overboard with those things. Anyone can eat clean and have junk food and still be healthy. There is a saying I like to tell my friends when they are on restrictive diets or any diet for that matter, and that is that you an eat everything in moderation. You really can eat that cookie and those two chips and not gain 20 pounds and heart disease, it doesn't work that way. It's really all about smart choices, you can still enjoy food and have a healthy relationship with food if you just live by smart decisions.Eating healthy is not about losing weight, it's about feeling good from the inside out. No matter your size or shape, I believe everyone should eat right, but only if they want to. Believe in yourself and you'll go far. I'm thinking about doing a blog post showing you Beauts just an idea what I eat in a day let me know if that is something you would like to see.

Take Care Beauts !


No comments:

Post a Comment